Pages

Friday, June 5, 2015

Wheeeeee!

Glad to see something is exuberant around here - there is no keeping the hops vine down.  It would climb to the stars if it could.

It's alive!  It's alive!

As I mucked out Dexter's stall last night, forking mightily and without stop until I was all rubbery-kneed, I wondered how many other people took their frustration out the same way.  I had gotten bad news at work (no, I still have my job, although it's about to be notched down closer to hell) and, while the chilled bottle of Vinho Verde cooed to me in Portuguese from the fridge, I decided it would be healthier to throw myself and my frustration into something very physical.  It worked.  I was too pooped to snivel.  Instead, I had a tall glass of water (to wash down my Aleve) and read more of Pioneer Girl.  Now there's some real hardship.  I am almost done and thankful that I get to read it again with the annotations.  The website for the Pioneer Girl Project is a good resource for everything Laura Ingalls Wilder, as well.  She was a remarkable woman with a wonderful story.

9 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Sometimes ya just gotta reward yourself with a good glass of wine and a good book! (Methinks that's been said previously in a much more poetic way.) And doing some hard physical work really does bring the emotions into a more balanced state. It's hard to do when your head and heart want your body to sit in a corner and snivel, but it works! Love and hugs to you, my friend.

Unknown said...

That is a good alternative. A couple days ago I had a horrible job review (new bossl) and stressed about it for a full day. I finally showed some documentation that I was not doing what some said and she deleted it from my review. Left a very bad taste in my mouth, so to speak. Now I just don't trust her, someone who's so easily swayed by bad input and doesn't bother checking :( I talked to a pal instead of eating all the chocolate in my snacks! :) I felt much better!!!

Unknown said...

And what do you do with your hops? Make beer or?

MrsDuncanMahogany said...

I like it that your wine speaks to you....and in another language too! :) I have the Pioneer Girl book requested from my local library. I can't wait!!

Sandy Livesay said...

Susan,

I'm sorry you received bad news at work but happy you still have a job. Physical activity helps a person vent their frustrations.....you've done plenty of that with cleaning out Dexter's stall. Time for a fresh glass of Portuguese to help wash away work frustrations.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i probably would have gone straight for the wine! if i ever get through the stack of books on my nightstand i might read this one. i could use chicken info to help rise my imaginary chickens.

Susan said...

I clean the bath. It is so well known in the family if I do it just because it needs it I get asked if I'm in a bad mood. Crappy to have things not great at work. Why do people have to make things miserable?

DFW said...

Glad you got the stall cleaned out. The wine probably would have won over for me. Hope everything turns out ok at work.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Sending hugs and yes work in poop usually makes me forget for awhile:) Hug B