Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

The Healing Power of Love.

After getting disappointing news today - Gunner's foster family decided they couldn't bear to part with him and are adopting him - we are looking forward to the arrival of our girl, Lovey, sometime during the second week of April.  When the rescue gave me the background on her, I had no idea how far she had come:

Lovey Before and Now
She had been found in the woods with her brother - both of them with hardly any fur but plenty of mange, among many other issues.  I can't say enough about the wonderfulness of rescues.  The lengths they go through to bring a dog that has been sorely mistreated back to health and hope, boggles the mind.  I am very happy that I am going to get to meet Lovey's foster mom, Amy, too.  This woman is a miracle worker.  And, although I know she loves Lovey with a passion, I am also glad she is willing to give her into my care.  If you are anywhere near Mobile, Alabama (or even many miles away...) and looking for a canine companion, give ARF a look-see.

Does Lovey resemble anyone we know....hmmmm?

10 comments:

Sandy Livesay said...

Susan,

Rescued dogs (or any animal) make wonderful pets. Their always grateful for everything their given. Congrats on Lovey. I can't wait to see pictures of her at your place. If I could have it my way, I would rescue all kinds of animals. Our dogs are all rescues.

Susan said...

What amazes me is the forgiveness of dogs, you would think they would have a hate on for the human race and yet they give us another chance. I am so happy Lovey is coming into your care. You both deserve it.

Ellen in Oregon said...

Sorry to hear Gunner is not coming, but it is for the best possible reason - he has already found his forever home. Looking at Lovely's photos, the after photo looks like a completely different spicies than the creature in the "Before" photo. Her foster Mom is a miracle worker to be able to get her looking so beautiful & furry once again. If I had just seen the before photo, I would not have thought it possible. It is great that you will be able to meet Lovely's foster mom. I'm sure it will be a rewarding, but emotional moment for her. As soon as she meets you I hope any doubts she has disappear. How do you think Lovely will do with the cats? I bet you are excited to meet Lovely & integrate her into your family. She is a beautiful dog & she is lucky to have found you for a 4 ever mom. Lovely's Gotcha Day will be here before you know it.. Congrats on the new baby girl mom!

The Maine Gray Zone said...

A Scrappy twin?

Susan said...

Sandy - It was difficult to keep it down to two! If I was independently weathy, retired and lived in a bigger place, I would have a whole bunch!

Susan said...

Susan - Wouldn't the world be a better place if we could be as forgiving? I am so excited that she is joining our family!

Susan said...

Ellen - Thank you so much for your comment! It is hard to believe that it's the same dog - I think that she and Scrappy will do just fine.

Susan said...

Sylvie - I know! I could almost say they're related!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I just adopted 2 dogs from our local shelter when we moved. Can't imagine life without them :)

Gail said...

Your Lovey is a beautiful lucky lady.