Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Thar she went!


I was surprised that the sign lasted until early this morning.  I heard a rather loud pickup truck rumble by the house and idle.  There is a Yield sign at the corner (which is mostly ignored), so I knew whoever was in the truck would be trespassing and stealing the sign.  When I took the dogs out for their morning walk, it was gone.  So I brought out sign No. 2, which I will prop against my plum tree every day and take in every night (if I can remember).  This way, the bastard will have to steal it in the light of day.  And we all know that rats are nocturnal....

10 comments:

Mama Pea said...

I love your grit and determination!

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

Well at least they only took the sign. And didnt leave you any....presents. You know how those truckers can be.

Sue said...

LOL!!!
Oh, good luck.
Don't these idiots know NOT to piss of a woman??

Tombstone Livestock said...

Maybe they wanted one for their yard and were too lazy to make one. Too bad you didn't have a motion sensor light out there or a spotlight to shine on him when you heard truck idle.

Sandy Livesay said...

Good luck and be careful!

LindaCO said...

Huzzah! Go get 'em.

Mama Pea said...

I love Tombstone Livestock's idea of a motion sensor light. I can just see the guy now . . . he'd look like a deer caught in the headlights!

Unknown said...

Maybe hide a video camera :)

CrankyPuppy said...

Get 'em! Can I suggest a motion-activated sprinkler system (like the ones you can use to scare off deer?) Get 'em good and wet when they try to steal it. I hate thieves!

Candy C. said...

I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did!