Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday Musings.

So, where does integrity step in vs. good manners?  I have been thinking about this a lot lately.  I was raised with a heavy accentuation on 'good manners'.  I never EVER referred to the parents of my playmates or any adult, by their first name.  Ever.  It's not quite so bad now, since I have friends who are my parents' age - and they would tan my hide if I called them Mr. and Mrs. T.  And, by golly, I think they could!  And, since I now have no idea where I was going with this opening salvo, having started this post last week, I will leave it dangling here at the moment.  Hopefully, the purpose of this quest will revisit me.  Along with my sanity and memory.

I have learned many new things over the past week. 

1.  Contrary to what I have been told (and then have passed along to others as Gospel - mea culpa), one can have chipmunks AND rats.

2.  There is no such thing as one rat.

3.  I hate rats.

4.  Rats are cagey and smart.

5.  I'm tired of talking about rats.

6.  Apria did not have a full shear NOT, as I was led to believe, because her previous owner was too busy.  It was because she becomes a stinkin', spittin', buckin' CAMEL!

7.  I still am a victim of De-Nial.

8.  My vision of myself is completely untethered in reality.

Rats?  See #5.  Apria?  More in next post.  7?  8?  I am still musing on these.

8 comments:

Jenyfer Matthews said...

I also HATE RATS!!!

Susan said...

Jenyfer - I think it's their tails...

Erin said...

Google Nutria... they will make you like rats more. LOL!

Mama Pea said...

You, my dear, are one great writer. Or . . . you are teetering on the brink of losing it completely. I do so enjoy your Monday Musings and posts on any other days. Can hardly wait for the next installment.

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

This was too much of a tease. Not nice. I am developing a deep repect for the rats. I am amazed at just how smart they are. They are always one step ahead of me.

Candy C. said...

rats...(shudder)
It would be funny about Apria if it wasn't so sad. Why don't people just tell it like it is?!?

Reasonable Season (Me) said...

Rats... *shudder*

Okay, we still live in a small city neighborhood. Small fenced in back ward, big maple trees hanging over it. Nice little landscaping job we've done out there.

Then last summer: TWO BIG MEATY RATS moved into our backyard. One brown, one grey. HUGE. The size of city buses. (Okay, maybe not THAT big, but they we're quite sizeable.) We called in pest control to do several months of trapping. Spent most of the summer indoors. :(

This year, the rats are long gone. Now there's a bunch of stray cats in the area. Hmm...

(PS: I should add that I'm thankful they never got inside our house.)

Glad I found your blog today! looking forward to reading more. :)

Susan said...

Erin - I'm afraid to.

Mama Pea - Teetering is a very good word for what I am doing. And I have never been known for my balance - bank, mental or otherwise!

Jane - Only you, dear Jane, would respect rats. I've tried. It's the tails that get me every time. They give me the major willies.

Candy - I believe this woman was so focused on getting what she wanted (Hoosier) at no cost to herself that she would have lied about anything. And did.

RS - Welcome! There IS something about rats that makes their size seem so much larger than it is. It's that spooky rat aura. And when you said big MEATY rats, I got the willies all over again...