Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'll be missing you....

over the next few days.  Yes, that's right.  I am on V.A.C.A.T.I.O.N.  My middle sis has bravely volunteered to (wo)man the farm from Friday afternoon until Monday afternoon.  When I sat down to compose the daily to-do list, I ended up calling it "The War and Peace of To-Dos on Susan's Farm".  An apt title, as it ran to three pages, single spaced, with lots of afterthoughts written in pen all over the borders and blank spaces.  Luckily for me - and not so, for her - we will be like ships passing in the night on Friday.  I leave in the morning and she arrives in the afternoon.  I will not be there to see the horror on her face as she spies the stack of paper that is the to-do list.  She is such a brick, though, and loves the animals.  I can leave with a clear conscience - I usually only have a twinge that first evening.  Then, of course, after three days, I can't wait to get back to the chaos.  I guess I must thrive on it, but I sure am looking forward to sleep - beautiful, lovely, elusive sleep - not to mention immersing myself in culture for a whole weekend.

I have alerted the dogs that their Aunt C is coming - they were excited, but that means nothing.  For all they know I was saying, "blah, blah, blah, blah, FOOD, blah blah."  She takes them on multiple walks and lets them lick the plates clean.  It takes me a week to get them back to their disappointed normal.  Thank goodness they have the memory of a fruit fly and don't hold it against me!

If all goes as planned, and I remember my camera, and it doesn't rain continually, I will post all the details when I return.  In the meantime, you all behave yourselves!  And get those sewing machines out.

15 comments:

Amy Dingmann said...

Have fun on vacation! I had to laugh when you said the dogs heard "blah blah blah FOOD". Ain't that the truth!

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

Have tons of fun!!

Mama Pea said...

I second Jane's sentiment. Don't know where you're going or what you plan to do (besides sleep) but I hope you have a WONDERFUL time! You deserve it!!

Susan said...

Mama Tea - No matter what I say, that's what they here. I am sure of it.

Jane - I am already packed.

Mama Pea - I am making my annual pilgrimage to Maine with Sylvia. It's my once-a-year, steep me in culture, best Goodwill this side of the Mississippi, largest Trader Joes, vacation.

Carolyn said...

Pictures, pictures! We will require pictures! Glad you're getting to take a vacation (hugh, vacation, what's that???) See you soon, we'll miss your blathering, I mean, ranting, I mean.....oh heak you know we'll miss ya!

Susan said...

Carolyn Renee - Yes'm. Not to worry - I have scheduled a Monday Musings post, just to keep you on your toes.

Sue said...

I'm sure all will be just fine---Have a very wonderful time and enjoy the freedom!

Tina - Our Rustic Roots said...

Have a great time!

Jenyfer Matthews said...

Any vacation that includes a Goodwill, Trader Joe's and sleep is bound to be a good one! Enjoy yourself!

Erin said...

Enjoy!

Candy C. said...

Vacation?!? If only I could find someone to milk the goat we might get to have one of those!! Enjoy yourself girl!

judy said...

ill be looking back to see if you were looking back to see if i was looking back to see if you were looking back to-oh you get it, have fun

judy said...

hey- i hope that old storm heading east doesn't get in way of your plans

Judy T said...

I hope you are having a grand and glorious time. Sleep... WOW!!
Judy

Leigh said...

Susan, you're always so busy, and so productive; this is very much deserved!