Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Bee Pollen Update.

It's been a week and a half since I started taking bee pollen on a daily basis.  Not one for anything in moderation, I jumped right in and have been taking a teaspoon a day, instead of starting with a few granules a day.   (Unfortunately, I have no hope of redemption on this aspect of my life - it's hardwired into me since childhood.)  It's been interesting to note how adding pollen to my life has impacted me.

The first few days, I ended up so completely tired and drained of energy, that all I wanted to do was to curl in a ball and sleep a few months.  I recognized the feeling - my immune system was in high gear, battling the foreign particles that had invaded my body, much like the outbreak of allergy season.  Gradually, though, I have ended up feeling very energetic by the afternoon.  This is entirely NOT like me.  I am a morning person and my most active period of the day is from 4 a.m. to about 12 p.m.  Then it's all downhill.  Not lately.  I have actually been filing (GASP) this afternoon.  I am starting to think that this bee pollen business is pretty great.  I am going to up the dosage after two weeks by about twice as much a quarter teaspoon to see what develops.  I am aiming for a tablespoon a day.  I may experiment with dropping my Vitamin D along the line to see if that impacts my energy level.  Since we are still only getting about two hours of sun a week, there continues to be a battle between me vs. S.A.D.  We're tied at present.  If I have enough energy tonight, I believe I will start knitting sweaters for lambies.  I better knit fast, no?

6 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Bee pollen has been reported to do fantastic things! Keep experimenting on yourself and posting your findings. (Is the pollen local?)

Susan said...

Mama Pea - Yes, it's from our Bee Guy in North Bennington, VT, which is about 40 minutes north of me. I think the whole process is fascinating.

Chicken Mama said...

Thanks to Papa Pea, I've been recently reading about the positive effects of cinnamon with honey. I just got some organic honey, and I'm going to start! I should post about that, too, huh?

P.S. One of these days, I'm going (to treat myself) to go back and read your blog from the beginning. You and your life fascinates me! :)

Susan said...

Chicken Mama - Yes, that would be great. The more we know about the healing power of nature, the better off we'll be. Put it on your list, heehee. P.S. Ditto, my dear.

The Apple Pie Gal said...

Susan, I suppose I should be doing the same with our bees right out back, but alas...I will have to learn all this stuff thru you! Very interesting the changes you have going on! Kudos!

Erin said...

I too, have heard great things about it. That's great that you are experiencing some good effects!