Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Winnah!

After a very scientific selection process (little bits of paper in a wooden bowl), the winner of the "Feeding the Whole Family Cookbook" is .....(drum roll, plz)....Mama Pea!!!  It will be winging its way to you on Tuesday.  Thanks to everyone who commented (and welcome, Mama Tea).  I am still working my way through my overly-and-unnecessarily large collection, so stay tuned.  I love the idea of cookbooks (especially) being rehomed!

The sun is shining today which is quite lovely on the piles of snow.  Tonight will be another frigid night, so I'm off to shore things up accordingly - woolen blankets on top of the bunny cages, light in the coop, new thick layer of shavings all around.  I am even going to add a nice layer of straw in the hoop house - thanks to Mr. Poopy, aka Hoosier.  All I need is for the sun to briefly thaw out my water source so I can fill their water bucket - I am not looking forward to hauling water from the kitchen.  Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Oh my goodness! I've been such a lucky-ducky lately!! Thank you, dear e-i-e-i-omg! As one who reads cook books like novels, I will be eagerly awaiting this one. (Would I be a really bad person if I like it so much I didn't pass it on to the young family with children as I said I would??) No, I will stay with my promise. (Probably.)

Because of your generosity, I'm being urged on to get to my own cook book purging and will offer some of mine on my blog. Thanks for giving me the impetus to get my rusty-duster in gear on this project.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! You know, I complain about the rain and never seeing snow here in Oregon, but hauling water from the kitchen. No thanks, think I'll pass and just continue to mold and mildew here. Stay warm.

Amy Dingmann said...

congrats Mama Pea!!

I hope you stay warm...that cold air is goin' round. Bundle up...and keep posting! I like your blog. :)