Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ah, Morpheus!

Had my follow-up visit with the doc today and learned all kinds of interesting things about my inside structure and the additions thereto (suture anchors - cool!).  And he said, "You are very young [for this]", twice.  Which means that I love him because I choose to ignore the [for this] part.  I also love him because a) he's cute; b) he has a good sense of humor; c) is a great surgeon, and, finally, d) because he said I can sleep without the dang sling.  That means *gasp* I can sleep in a prone position!  Flat, horizontal, board-like, flat as a pancake, on my back.  No more vertical, non-sleeping sleeping.  And I can tell you, it's not possible to have sane dreams if you're sleeping sitting up.  It dredges up all kinds of past teenage-angst, like those dreams where you find yourself the only one naked in your English Lit class.  You haven't?  Never mind, then.  Can't start PT for another two weeks, but sleep!  That's fantazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

3 comments:

Mama Pea said...

You be making progress! Good show . . . and go to bed EARLY tonight and enjoy!

Susan said...

I have plans for early-to-bed tonight, as long as the rest of the crew does try to scuttle me.

Jordan said...

Woo hoo! Progress! You'll be spinning before you know it!