Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bonanza!

While walking the dogs the other day, something caught my eye - I couldn't believe what I thought I saw...morels? Here? YES!!! Not the smaller, dark ones, but golden morels. Needless to say, we hot-footed our way through the rest of the walk, then I grabbed a bag and out the door and up the road I went. These beauties are now in my dehydrator - my present schedule not allowing for cooking at night right now. I'm making a note of time and place for next year. They smell heavenly! Isn't it wonderful to be able to live in a place where you can find such treasures practically outside of your door?

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

Wow, what beauties! On my hubby's bucket list is learning how to find, harvest and use wild foods. He's bought books on the subject for years but hasn't had any extra time for pursuing same until retirement three years ago. Even now, other things rank higher on the list, but I sure hope he can someday get there.

Smart of you to make notes regarding the exact location of your found mushrooms for next year . . . and next . . . and next . . . :o)